I read only 38 books in 2012. Congrats to Mark and John reading the 52.
Of those 38, here are the standout ones that I heartily recommend.
7. Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
An excellent account of a father-son relationships
6. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
I love this book more with each yearly reading.
5. Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis
Lewis’s autobiography. Need I say anything more?
4. A Mind for God by James Emery White
A short, powerful overview at development the Christian mind.
3. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
A book that I’ll hope I remember for a long time!
2. Tinkers by Paul Harding
A beautifully written novel.
1. A Walk Across the Sun by Corbin Addison
A fiction account of the nonfictional modern slave trade. Excellent novel with a clear, powerful message